[OpenTRV-dev] Paul's case

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Apr 2 15:22:43 BST 2013

Hi,

Where would that target (and indeed the schedule) be maintained, with the valve or centrally?  I'm being thick, sorry.

On 2 Apr 2013, at 15:13, Paul Smith wrote:

> reporting back its target and current state

The current OpenTRV implementation such as it is reports in effect its current state in terms of how far the valve is open: if shut then the room is at or above target.  The target is not currently reported as there is no place in the valve-command packets for it, but it could probably be tacked on the end without doing any harm and the RPi could see that.

I think we may need to draw up a block diagram to understand what functionality would be where for your ideal system, probably for one room plus your central RPi.

Then we can see how close the current system is to doing what you want, and who easy it would be to bend to fit!