[OpenTRV-dev] XAP

Mike Stirling EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Apr 2 16:16:33 BST 2013

Paul has mentioned XAP a few times. I hadn't really looked at it before, but the principles look closer to what I had in mind for the RF protocol than MQTT is. e.g. generic encoding of quantity name and unit. Anyone come across any work on a binary version, which would be preferable for embedded? I never really understand the logic behind projects that say they are targetting low-end embedded and then go on to develop a protocol in human-readable ASCII, or worse, XML!

Anyone familiar with both XAP and MQTT that could summarise the key differences? I did notice that software support for XAP seems distressingly Windows-centric.

Mike