[OpenTRV-dev] OT: Voltage drops

Bo Herrmannsen EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Jun 11 15:28:18 BST 2013

yeah... have once touched an 380V outlet (all 3 phases in same socket) that
had a leak to the knob that turned it on/off... what i did not know was the
leakage and no earth.

what a shocking experience :-P

it was quickly replaced and a earth connection made

.... hmm yes i think that there are so many pulses that it will make do
just fine, for just 15W it will be about 150 pulses an hour...almost 3
pulses each min.

now i just have to figure if i can get the info i want from that bliniking
LED... at least current wattage and then consumed power in kwh... last
thing is easy.. just count pulses...

or if i should bite the sour apple as we say hewre and get 3 ac/ac adapters
and 3 boards from openenergy... lot of thinking... the only extra advantage
i would get from the last soloution is that i can log how clean the
incoming power is... and i dont think i can use that for anything other
than my own fun of just logging it...

and i guess that the default pulse sketch from openenergy is spot on.. ie i
know it has a rutine to calc the power and i guess the consumed kwh is just
a matter of sending the counted pulses... but lets say the usage drops to
0.. would it not just keep sending  the last calced wattage number? that is
something i have problems with on my water meter.. i can send counted
pulses.. and i can send litre/hour figure... but the last keeps the same
even when the tab is closed...

and i have read info on emoncms but did not understand it well enough to do
the calculations there... i guess that i could just send the total litre
and then emon could calc flowrate etc...