[OpenTRV-dev] Headaches with SVN

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sat Mar 16 18:38:30 GMT 2013

Lo and behold we have another corruption event!

SVN is usually rock solid.

(As an experiment could you build yourself a local SVN repo on your machine, check 'em into that, and if it blows up we know where the blame lies I guess?  Else maybe mail them to me and I can try that.)

Maybe just keep your files on github for now and remove them from SVN and replace them with a placeholder with URL(s).

I don't know if Mike's Redmine can host SVN or SVN's too old-fashioned for him/Redmine to bear.

I'm not quite ready to learn git in anger yet, though I do hope to very soon.  And as I say I *appear* to have problems getting git for me, but that may be illusory.

I can in principle host SVN but would have to manually manage access, and my SheevaPlug's SD memory card may give out if we're all beating it up.

All suggestions welcome.