[OpenTRV-dev] The news !

Stuart Poulton EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 21 07:12:09 GMT 2013

As promised, some pictures of my dismantled TRV.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cij7nmwmgb94yly/img_0369.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f564bsvumozcsl6/img_0370.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/awd3kniljz7bvoj/img_0371.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqy7wckd7o69om8/img_0372.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s31jglaq6xrsm9g/img_0373.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6z37l20cm0hz81/img_0374.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdfsf7zhmozxlo6/img_0375.jpg

The drive mechanism, is self contained, and has 2 wires direclty to the
motor, and 3 wires connected to a small PCB, thic contains the
optoreflector that is used to determine when the end of travel has been
reached.

This drive mechanism does indeed seem to be similar to  several others
(as you might expect). We've already seen at least one other example of
the same mechanism in a different housing, I also understand that the
max! unit is a similar derivative.

  It shouldn't be too hard to get an atmega driving the mechanics. From
there choose your desired RF platform.

Stuart