[OpenTRV-dev] Feedback Mechanisms.

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Fri Mar 22 16:33:15 GMT 2013

Here's a cut-n-paste from the .bas file:

;-----------------------------------------
; UI DESCRIPTION
; Button causes cycling through 'off'/'frost' target of 5C, 'warm' target of ~18C,
; and an optional 'bake' mode that raises the target temperature to up to ~24C
; for up to ~30 minutes or until the target is hit then reverts to 'warm' automatically.
; (Button may have to be held down for up to a few seconds to get the unit's attention.)
; Acknowledgement is medium/long/double flash in new mode
; (medium is frost, long is 'warm', long+medium is 'bake').

; Without the button pressed,
; the unit generates one to thre short flashes on a two-second cycle if in heat mode.
; A first flash indicates 'warm mode'.
; A second flash if present indicates "calling for heat".
; A third flash if present indicates 'bake mode' (which is automatically cancelled if the high target is hit).

; This may optionally support an interactive CLI over the serial connection,
; with reprogramming initiation permitted (instead of CLI) while the UI button is held down.

; If target is not being met then aim to turn TRV on/up and call for heat from the boiler too,
; else if target is being met then turn TRV off/down and stop calling for heat from the boiler.
; Has a small amount of hysteresis to reduce short-cycling of the boiler.
; Does some proportional TRV control as target temperature is neared to reduce overshoot.

; This can use a simple setback (drops the 'warm' target a little to save energy)
; eg using an LDR, ie reasonable ambient light, as a proxy for occupancy.