[OpenTRV-dev] Feedback Mechanisms.

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Mar 25 12:52:17 GMT 2013

On 25 Mar 2013, at 10:06, Thomas Hood wrote:

> Regarding UIs, well, it's good to realize early on that some people
> will want to control the system from the valve UI, others from a
> central control panel, others from an app either on-site or off-site.
> Yes, all such interfaces will have to be in sync; all will have to be
> able to deal with communication outages, battery failures, etc.; any
> one alone will have to support essential use cases.
>
> But of course we mustn't let the perfect stand in the way of the good. :)

Absolutely, and I can report that my very imperfect prototype is I think a distinct improvement of our OK central thermostat system in terms of usability.  If I stop fiddling with it and we get three more weeks of freezing weather as forecast then I may also be able to see if there is any obvious energy saving over what we have before from my control charts.