[OpenTRV-dev] Feedback Mechanisms.

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Mar 25 14:03:38 GMT 2013

Hi,

I think that what you says makes sense.

I'd like to repeat that though putting intelligence in the TRVs is my current preference for my situation, I am not of the opinion that it's the only good model in any way shape or form.  If we were to deploy this in a school or large house then secure remote control over tens or even hundreds of rads might be a much better bet for example.

I think that the spilt/unified TRV (ie whether the sensor is in the box on the valve) is very much a matter of taste and individual circs as is wired/unwired and battery/mains.  None of those particular alternatives should be very hard to accommodate, not to mix and match in one household.  I see the movement of brains of the TRV as harder, but not much with reliable and secure comms.  (Maybe we could signal acoustically through the pipes with ultrasound!)