[OpenTRV-dev] Thermoelectric power for TRVs?

Thomas Hood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 28 10:24:36 GMT 2013

Electronic TRVs need electricity. A TRV is always very close to an
(intermittent) strong heat source. It is possible to generate
electricity from heat via the Seebeck effect. These thoughts plus
Google led me to the following website.

    http://www.micropelt.com/products/thermogenerator.php

The company, Micropelt, also offers an evaluation board with an iM222A
(ZigBee) chip on it.

    http://www.micropelt.com/applications/te_core_rf.php

    Characteristics
        2.4 V, 0.1 to 10 mW thermoharvesting power after DC Booster
        Detachable wireless sensor board
        2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Zigbee compliant
        pre-qualified and certified RF module of IMST
        SPI, I²C, JTAG and configurable I/O interfaces
        User programmable

--
Thomas