[OpenTRV-dev] Thermoelectric power for TRVs?

Jack Kelly EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 28 11:56:34 GMT 2013

Another thought experiment:

The pin on the base of a TRV is spring loaded, isn't it?  I wonder if
there's a way to reclaim some of this energy when we release the pin. (a
tiny bit like regenerative breaking in electric / hybrid vehicles).  I'd
guess that this is a tiny amount of energy; and that the extra complication
required would make this idea impractical.  But I thought I'd throw it out
there.

Even if we didn't reclaim electrical energy from the spring-loaded pin, I
wonder if there's an energy efficient way to release the pin in a
controller manner?

Mech eng isn't my strong point so I could be barking up the wrong tree here!