[OpenTRV-dev] OT: pulse output from arduino

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue May 28 20:29:35 BST 2013

Hi,

1) That's quite power hungry with no sleep() which you may want to address.

2) It'll do something funny at ~49 days, when the millis() internal counter rolls.

3) If analogueWrite() uses hardware PWM then you should be able to, say, replace:

    if (ledState == LOW)
      ledState = HIGH;
    else
      ledState = LOW;
    // set the LED with the ledState of the variable:
    digitalWrite(ledPin, ledState);

with (say):

  ++ledState;
 analogueWrite(ledPin, ledState & 0xff);

to generate a slowly-rising saw-tooth (PWMed) for example, though I haven't tried it.