[OpenTRV-dev] Current rough to-do list top

Bo Herrmannsen EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Oct 20 21:16:07 BST 2013

DD1 and TRV are the same size... and connectors are excatly the same place
where we use the same ones that is.... ie FTDI and boiler terminal are excat
the same....

as i have just locked design on TRV i will double check that DD1 is the
same....

but TRV is locked... unless we discover a BIG major boo boo

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
From: Damon Hart-Davis
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:47 PM
To: Bruno Girin
Cc: Damon Hart-Davis ; Closed list for developer discussions ; Bo
Herrmannsen
Subject: Re: Current rough to-do list top

Hi Bruno,

(Mark: could you help manage the detailed logistics of this box + PCB
mechanicals/fab part?)

We can't put one of the real new REV1 PCBs in your hands for at least 3
weeks.  And there will be the Bo and PMS variants which will probably be
slightly different in various parameters unless we are super-careful.

We do need to try to have the box as near ready as possible by the time we
do have the PCBs so that we can assemble complete units without delay.

However, if Bo can confirm that the REV1 size, shape and mounting-hole
locations are exactly as per DD1, then I think you may already have one of
those (or I can give you one).

We can probably assume for now that component height on the SMD side is no
worse than the DD1 populated board too, and there is only the FDTI
connector, AVR (possibly socketed), LED and LDR (IIRC) above the board.

The micro USB is below the board if used, I believe.

We'll need to deal with buttons.  We don't have to use the Maplin ones and
could try to find shallower devices to minimise case volume. (At a pinch for
future revisions we could consider side acting ones mounted on the PCB for
example.)

Maybe if we get you an accurate series of high-red PNGs you could work from
them for micro USB cutout placement, etc?

I'm happy to try to do a box design session on whatever terms suit you.