[OpenTRV-dev] Web interface to boiler controller

Stuart EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Wed Oct 30 21:27:01 GMT 2013

I thought you might be interested in my V1 prototype of my domestic heat
controller. The web interface is up on the picaxe forum, the rest of the
system may follow when I'm happy with it:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?24747-Tablet-and-smartphone-interface-to-Picaxe-project-using-net-server

It isn't ideal as the technology has been obsoleted by Rev-Ed, but I'm
sure there is a substitute web server to be found out there, though they
may not be as simple as this one.  At least it works as a proof of concept.

It gives me (well, will give, still installing and ran out of RJ45
plugs) ipad control of the flow and return temp, taking account of the
external temp and the ideal set points to maximise boiler efficiency and
minimise wasted heat. Control is simply by intecepting the boiler demand
signal from the room thermostat.  I have three FHT8 sets, controlling 7
rads, with scope for another 16 rads if it works out.

The missing information is reception of the boiler demand from the soft
zones, and web updating of zone setpoints (i.e. broadly what you are
doing).  So if it interests you we could discuss the possibilities in
due course.

Stuart