[OpenTRV-dev] Possible basis of OpenTRV hub?

Kevin Wood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Apr 7 16:00:15 BST 2014

I have actually recently been analysing the OpenEnergy RFM12 signalling,
as I am working on a little project in which I hope to interoperate with
their nodes and CMS (although I'm leaning more and more towards rolling
something of my own!). The code is a bit cryptic in places and there's no
spec on the signalling anywhere I can find. Bits of the protocol are
hidden in the Jeelib library and bits in the OpenEnergy code and it's all
prone to problems if you have mismatched versions of the various source
files and libraries.

Anyway, I have got to the bottom of it, should it be required.

I am looking to provide a control system for the central heating in a
holiday home that is often unoccupied, so I'm hoping to build a central
node to drive the existing heating and hot water controls and use EmonTx
nodes to give me some temperature inputs.

The central node will have a raspberry Pi providing a web interface to
control it remotely and feed logging data to EmonCMS or similar.

Once the basics are working I'd like to add monitoring of the burglar
alarm to provide intruder alerts and also perhaps occupancy detection,
heating oil level sensing and/or boiler burner operating time.

Best Regards

Kevin