[OpenTRV-dev] Possible basis of OpenTRV hub?

Bo Herrmannsen EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Wed Apr 9 12:27:36 BST 2014

I was thinking of one central hub to do it all... if its possible...

of course there needs to be a messureing device/node in each room, but why
have one small box instead of 2?

i'm not sure on the transmission time, the blink from openTRV box is very
faint... so my estimate is half sec or less

and with the central hub idea we can have one interface to both see what
have happend in the past and access control interface

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
From: Kevin Wood
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:15 PM
To: Closed list for developer discussions
Subject: Re: [OpenTRV-dev] Possible basis of OpenTRV hub?

Switching to control the valves every 2 minutes might not be a huge
overhead.

But are you talking about using this setup in place of OpenTRV to control
the valves, or in addition to it?

I'm thinking that if every valve has an OpenTRV controlling it, then only
the openTRV really needs to worry about the FHT protocol to control its'
local valve. OpenTRV could easily switch to the OpenEnergy protocol to
report its' state to a central node that then only needs to sit and
monitor the OpenEnergy protocol.

It gets more complex if you're thinking of controlling a house full of
valves from one central node that also needs to handle the OpenEnergy
protocol. As I said, though, it may well be that you can't even do that
with 2 radios without compromising the OpenEnergy protocol listening due
to interference between the radios.

How long does a transmission to a valve take?

Kevin