[OpenTRV-dev] Possible basis of OpenTRV hub?

Kevin Wood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Wed Apr 9 15:51:47 BST 2014

Well, the changes to the OpenTRV node shouldn't be too onerous. I guess
you'd need to reconfigure the RFM to talk OpenTRV mode, send your packet
of data to the hub, optionally listen for any response / acknowledgement
and retry as required, then revert back to OOK mode for next time you
access the radiator valve.

The hub could be a standard RFM12Pi on a raspberry Pi running OpenCMS,
initially, at least. You'd need some changes to the script that drives the
RFM12Pi if you want to send messages back to change settings on the
OpenTRV rather than just log what's going on, but for simple logging,
everything's already in place.

Kevin