[OpenTRV-dev] My Export from Heating Company 1

Bo Herrmannsen EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 27 19:46:56 GMT 2014

The water for the district heating does not have much scale in it, its not drinking water like you would have in a gas or oil heated home where you just connect the drink water to the heating loop to keep the system under pressure

is a closed loop... and they also have some green stuff in it so people can detect if the heat exchanger at each house is broken, not toxic but neon green so people know when to get it fixed

also reason for the less scale is that i reduces repairs on the distribution system... the pipes rot.... and i have seen my share of pipe dug up in the street... no scale build up, but they are a heck lot thinner than when they but them down

had it been in a house not connected to district heating it would been a total different matter.

and with my hotwater cylinder it will open and close once a day so think it will be manageable. let me thinker on the rads, i dont use the learn function yet as it will kick the unit out of warm mode and in to fost... maybe i'm doing it wrong, who knows?

anyway we have the summer to figure out things