[OpenTRV-dev] Storage heating, dynamic demand, and OpenTRV

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Sep 7 12:00:56 BST 2014

Hi,

I have a thought in the back of my mind about carefully making some use of residual exported solar PV generation in winter with highly-efficient storage heaters controllable by an extension of OpenTRV to supplement a gas-fired system.  This would also help with grid balancing.

(Yes, I am allergic to electric resistance heating in most circumstances, but if done carefully this might be virtuous.)

Does anyone know of off-the-shelf UK storage heaters that have electronically-controllable fans/vents and that can retain the bulk of their heat for much more than a day, preferably a week.