[OpenTRV-dev] [OpenTRV-interest] Storage heating, dynamic demand, and OpenTRV

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Sep 8 13:35:57 BST 2014

Sorry, too many things to today today and that came out garbled…

I think that the devices we are discussing ignore that fact that a huge generation premium is being paid by taxpayers and operate as if that the ‘excess’ is an annoyance for the householder to dispose of at their whim, whereas I see the FiT and the generated electricity as a public good financed by public money.  The main counter to that is that getting storage right is such a pressing issue that almost anything in that area (actual storage, or deferring/shiting demand, storing as heat, etc) is worth considering to see if it works.  Though deferring gas demand, where gas is one of the few things that we *can* store, might be less good again…