[OpenTRV-dev] [OpenTRV-interest] Storage heating, dynamic demand, and OpenTRV

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Sep 8 21:34:06 BST 2014

Hi,

I’ve read that piece and don’t think I believe it by a long chalk.

PV EROEI in the UK is rather better than (say) tar sands in Canada.  I hope that we can do better but we can survive on it for now I think.

My family lives on about 1/2 or less of average energy (for example) even by UK standards, and don’t try convincing someone from the US that those are anything other than penury.

We’ve got some adjustments in expectations to make, but I think that PV and wind, with improvements to come, will be a positive piece of the picture.

Anything else is a counsel of despair IMHO!

PS. OpenTRV aims to cheaply halve UK/EU ‘space hating intensity’ and with that sort of low-hanging fruit we really don’t need to throw energy around as we have been.