[OpenTRV-dev] M2M chatter and Launchpad

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Wed Apr 29 19:12:43 BST 2015

Hi,

It’s all starting!

Today we received a loan Iridium satellite transceiver from Rock7.com, and had a long chat with IBM and Microchip about LoRa (multi-kilometre ISM-band IoT-friendly radio).  You might guess that these are for the IoT Launchpad applications rather than to get a call for heat from radiator to boiler, but I’m hoping that the right pluggable architecture will cover all of these cases with minimal code bloat, etc...

More here:

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/blog/getting-up-to-speed-with-iot-chatter

http://www.earth.org.uk/note-on-IoT-comms-backhaul.html

I’m going to try to get a basic network architecture diagram up this evening for everyone to poke holes in, which also works to address some of the security issues.  Sleep is for other people, apparently.