[OpenTRV-dev] Residual Receive Strangeness

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Sat Jul 11 20:16:04 BST 2015

Thanks for the analysis: I shall revisit.

And it’s highly likely I’m doing many stupid things…

Just on this item:

> Might be better for many reasons (not just DROPPED stats issues) to reorganise OpenTRV receive processing to separate a) reception from b) (post) analysis then presentation via one receive depth 2 buffer, rather than current organisation of a) reception then analysis from b) (post) presentation via two distinct single depth 1 buffers.

Yes, it would be very good to implement a deeper-than-1 buffer as my API is begging for, which apart from anything else could usually easily drop the duplicates from double TXs.

I had neither the programming time nor the code space.