[OpenTRV-dev] OTRFM23BLink status and TX problems

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Mon Jul 27 13:45:21 BST 2015

Hi,

Just FYI

The interrupt-driven OTRFM23BLink library is *much* better at receiving than the old code in RFM22.cpp, even with just a 1-deep queue, with (say) 30% to 50% more JSON messages seen:

: wc -l 2015072?.json
   2432 20150720.json
   2776 20150721.json
   2667 20150722.json
   2431 20150723.json
   2381 20150724.json
   2196 20150725.json
   3619 20150726.json  *** Ignore this as I was having fun with extra test transmissions yesterday ***
   2235 20150727.json

Note that today is only just over half done.

Two problems that I have to fix:

1) About half the time I attempt to transmit I get no errors but I think that nothing is being transmitted.  Indeed it’s pretty consistently every other TX attempt that is lost.  I cannot even see a mechanism that would cause this!

2) I appear not to yet be correctly reading all inbound binary-format messages (probably those not tagged onto the end of an existing valve message).