[OpenTRV-dev] Anti-tamper data from sensors

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Fri Jun 12 08:50:59 BST 2015

Hi,

My current thought, where we need to verify at some future point that sensor data points have not been tampered with, that we do the following:

1) Use the authentication mechanism between leaf/sensor and concentrator to confirm that data got to the concentrator intact.

2) Have the concentrator by default sign with a private key (for which the public part is retained) any incoming data that it has authenticated as above.

So the leaf does not have to support keys good enough for long-term use for example.