[OpenTRV-dev] Ideas for visualisation from OpenTRV data

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Mon Jun 15 11:54:07 BST 2015

Hi,

I received a couple of simple but excellent suggestions from Emma S who visited our stand at the Eco Tech Show in Brighton on Friday.  I’m recording them here which is as good as anywhere!

(Some of these may work for the IoT Launchpad for EnergyDeck too…)

1) Show some indication of savings simply by how much the heating was cut back from its human-set target value, ie how long and how far did OpenTRV manage to turn down the heat without the humans protesting.

2) See how much the humans used the manual controls, eg possibly to override errors by OpenTRV’s algorithms above!