[OpenTRV-dev] Fwd: New Member - Introduction

Mark Hill mark at teos.co.uk
Wed May 20 20:32:10 BST 2015

Hi Rob

Fundamentally there are 3 variants at the moment or in the near future:

1) REV2 + FHT8V (whether branded or in kit form, they are all the same)
2) REV7 Frankenvalve as you've described. We're expecting enough REV7s any
day now to be able to send some out to interested parties to hack with.
3) The REV7 + OpenTRV plastics and motor which we're aiming for being
available winter 2015-6 - but at a price. Option 2 will be cheaper (but
uglier) for winter 2015-6. This one is really aimed at the trials we've got
lined up in social/sheltered housing for this winter coming. Some people
may find that, in the living room at least, that this one gets better
acceptance than option 2.

Once we've got some REV7 boards in our hands, we'll announce it on the
lists/website/twitter feed.

Regards, Mark