[OpenTRV-dev] Radio Conundrum

Kevin Wood kevin at the-wood-family.com
Tue Aug 9 13:59:10 BST 2016

Hi All,

The problem I see is that CE marking applies to finished products so
unless the RF module is in itself a "finished product" rather than a
component part, its' conformity is of no relevance other than as a
confidence booster once it has been incorporated into a larger product.

If one could find something that is a finished product (for the sake of
argument, say, a CE marked USB dongle containing an RF module and an
antenna) and plug it into a TRV, then the RF aspect of demonstrating CE
compliance might be alleviated, but whatever it "plugs into" needs its'
own compliance if it is to be put on the market.

Kevin