[OpenTRV-dev] Radio Conundrum

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:53:36 BST 2016

The BBC micro:bit contains a bluetooth radio, is cheap and open, and CE
approved. It might be regarded as a plug-in addition since it's complete
and functional (though uncased) in its own right.

Note that the valve still requires CE certification even without the radio,
because of the CE certification requirements generally on devices that
don't intentionally transmit.