[OpenTRV-dev] EU radio band 48

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Wed Jun 8 11:35:26 BST 2016

> On 8 Jun 2016, at 10:54, Stuart Poulton <stuart at poulton.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Not sure if you're planning on CE approval ? But if not you need to make those purchasing clearly understand that they are buying a kit for construction, hence avoiding the problem of 'selling a product’

Thanks.

The aim is for this stuff is to be fully CE stamped and suitable for consumers, so we’ll have to find a suitable already-stamped radio module for that and have to manage that process separately (RFM23B/69 woin’t cut it I think).  All part of the logistics fun!

We won’t be in a sensible radio band for the US, so I think that we’d have to make it clear that the radio version is not suitable as-is for that market.