[OpenTRV-dev] EU radio band 48

Kevin Wood kevin at the-wood-family.com
Wed Jun 8 15:18:23 BST 2016

Actually.. The chip in the RFM23 module has registers to select the 433
and 915 MHz bands, suggesting that it's probably only the passive
components on the RFM module that are band specific. An 868 MHz module
might even work at 915 MHz with reduced power output &/or sensitivity.

Anyway.. Within europe, if we're going to ship it as a finished product,
there needs to be a CE declaration backed up by some testing. That would
be true whether or not it incorporated a radio transmitter in my view.

Kevin