[OpenTRV-dev] EEPROM amnesia investigation

Deniz Erbilgin deniz.erbilgin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:16:18 BST 2016

Hi Guys,

I've started trying to isolate our problem with the keys and node IDs not
being retained in EEPROM.

A quick summary and links to an ongoing write up can be found in our wiki:
https://github.com/opentrv/OTWiki/wiki/Key-Amnesia-Investigation

Summary copied from the wiki:

   - The key is definitely written to EEPROM.
   - The key is always lost to all FFs.
   - Key loss and retention are independent of resetting and power-cycling.
   - Long term key retention only seems to require the EEPROM location to
   be written to and then cleared first.

I'd appreciate any ideas and input people can give me because the more I
investigate, the more bizarre this seems.

Regards,

Deniz