[OpenTRV-dev] EEPROM amnesia investigation

Deniz Erbilgin deniz.erbilgin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:42:50 BST 2016

> Is the whole EEPROM erased or just the key ?

Just the key.

Here's a section of the EEPROM before and after key loss, with the key
location in bold (the rest of it is empty anyway):

With key:

:20000000FFFFFF04FFFF0AFF000007FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFBDA7ACE59BB180B7FFFFFFFF66
:20002000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
:20004000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFC0
:20006000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1E7470DF1E7470D*00112233445566778899AABBCCDDEE01*36

After key loss:

:20000000FFFF01048D130FFF000003FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFBDA7ACE59BB180B7FFFFFFFFC1
:20002000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
:20004000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFC0
:20006000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1E74311F1E74311*FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*40

Do you have any sample code with no other OpenTRV parts :  does that also
> fail ?

I forgot to write that down. Thanks for the reminder.