[OpenTRV-interest] Tinkering kits

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Mar 23 18:12:10 GMT 2014

Hi,

I’m just getting the tinkering kits ready to send out tomorrow.

I have loaded up the latest code, beta_17, which will also be going to another trial participant’s home tomorrow.  You can see that code, eg to check out from SourceForge and load into the Arduino IDE:

svn+ssh://YOURID@svn.code.sf.net/p/opentrv/code-0/trunk/Arduino/snapshots/20140323-r2736-V0p2-Arduino-REV2-beta17-boiler-bypass-timing

For fiddling with the code, eg adjusting and it or just looking at its output on the Arduino serial monitor you may want to look here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/opentrv/wiki/Arduino/

in particular at the section "Ubuntu, Arduino IDE and installing the latest release of the controller software”.

Even if you’re not using Ubuntu the main points that matter are editing the boards.txt file (wherever it is in your install) and getting the bootloader .hex file in place, and setting the serial monitor to 4800 baud.

Even if you don’t want to fiddle with the code, the last of those lets you interact with the just-human-compatible CLI to change settings via an FTDI USB cable, dump stats and so on.

You may also want to look at the latest code under:

svn+ssh://YOURID@svn.code.sf.net/p/opentrv/code-0/trunk/Arduino/V0p2_Main

I have not soldered on the Big Red Button (that cycles between FROST, WARM and BAKE modes); solder to it’s normally-open contacts which are the near-centre lug and the one furtehr from it, marked ‘C’.

Have fun!