[OpenTRV-interest] Tinkering kits

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sat Mar 29 11:24:50 GMT 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 20:50, John Denning <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Just reporting in to say that I've successfully got one of my two tinkering boards up and running and have uploaded the latest code to it. I've used a Windows rather than a Linux machine because that's what I had available at the time but it was all straight forward once I picked the correct COM port. More work on this will have to wait for the Easter holidays (I'm a teacher drowning in reports at the moment!) but I'm excited to see this working and looking forward to getting stuck in - I won't have had so much fun since plugging Lego robots into my BBC model B as a boy!

Really good news!  (The OS on the BBC Micro was lovely in mayn ways, BTW.)

Because I continue to work on the live code, be aware that it may not work though I never check broken stuff in if I can avoid it of course, and double check that in V0p2_Generic_Config.h the following block:

// Some specific/example configs.
//#define CONFIG_DHD_TESTLAB_REV0
//#define CONFIG_Trial2013Winter_Round1
//#define CONFIG_BH_DHW // Bo's hot water.
//#define CONFIG_BH_TESTLAB
//#define CONFIG_DHD_TESTLAB_REV2
#define CONFIG_Trial2013Winter_Round2

has only the CONFIG_Trial2013Winter_Round2 line uncommented (ie not starting with //).

I will take periodic snapshots which are likely to be stable.