[OpenTRV-interest] Power to OpenTRV boards

Alasdair Macdonald EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Nov 10 17:47:18 GMT 2014

Quick summary and some questions about the jumpers and power options.
This is what I recall from our session the other evening:

* To power from FTDI cable, use both jumpers

* If ONLY the jumper that is closer to the middle of the board is ON
(ie the one closer to the edge of the board is removed); then power
can be supplied from the micro USB cable (whilst the FTDI cable
remains connected, reading and writing data if necessary).

Q1. In this case, is it OK to connect / disconnect the serial cable
whilst the device remains powered? (ie for changing settings, or
reading some data)

* For battery power, remove BOTH jumpers.

Q2. In this case, is it OK to connect / disconnect the serial cable
whilst the device remains powered? (ie for changing settings, or
reading some data)

* Presumably jumpers should only be added / removed when there is NO
power connected?