[OpenTRV-interest] [OpenTRV-dev] Storage heating, dynamic demand, and OpenTRV

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Sep 8 11:00:52 BST 2014

Hi,

The key thing I’m aiming for here is short-term controllability to balance second-by-second flows in/out of the house, plus storage to carry that energy to a more useful time.

Thus an electric storage heater rather than a normal one.

Your DHW idea is in principle fine if done right, but storage in water isn’t plausible for everyone.

Anyhow, only a thought experiment, so good to thrash it out!