[OpenTRV-interest] OpenThings (SenTec) and Security

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Mon Jul 13 16:29:45 BST 2015

Hi Y’All,

We are working with the Sentec / OpenThings people to try to be able to use OpenThings as a compact/binary wire format for OpenTRV/Launchpad.  Senlec is already being very helpful in providing extra examples, etc, to us and in their updated spec.

We are also talking to Sentec about working on a unified security view, given their constraints and ours.

***Who would like to help by email on such an (informal) review***, probably starting next week and running for a couple of weeks?

No NDAs need signing but at this moment it is felt best not to do things in the full public glare until we’re happy that there are no horribly rough edges or whatever.  The results should all be public.