[OpenTRV-interest] Poor reception at OpenTRV hub from OpenTRV

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Mar 22 18:52:36 GMT 2015

Hi,

I understand the system is designed to handle some loss, however I think this might be an example of massive loss. I think complete cycles of statistic messages, binary messages, RCFH are missing. Sometimes I get RXerr 2/5, often nothing.

All units have same executable compiled unmodified from SVN. VOp2_Main.ino contains "V0p2_Main.ino 4205 2015-02-10 13:32:48Z damonhd". Files are actually dated 07/03/15.

I have 2 nodes, one a hub, but I would guess my systems performance is radically worse than yours. It still works - it is just very unreliable when communicating with hub. Again not a complaint, just a report.

I have never caught this OpenTRV failing to communicate with its FHT8V ~3m (air, table medium).

Regards Gary

----Original Message----
From: EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Date: 22/03/2015 15:34
To: "Open, non-developer list for interested parties"<EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
Cc: "Closed list for developer discussions"<EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
Subj: Re: [OpenTRV-interest] Poor reception at OpenTRV hub from OpenTRV

Hi,

Thanks again for the feedback.

0) Some loss is expected and the system is designed to coast through a missed frame if need be.

1) Make sure that you’re on a reasonably recent code snapshot; I did make some significant improvements relatively recently.

2) I probably need to up-end the RX code to be interrupt driven and probably a few other changes to help hub reliability.  The problem gets worse with more nodes shouting over one another, though I have ~10 getting along reasonably well at the moment, including a couple outside.