[OpenTRV-interest] Frequent non-communication periods between hub and its valve

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sat Mar 28 12:05:02 GMT 2015

Hi,

OK I have popped in some new alkline batteries at 3.21V (NOT in situ). I managed to do it without reseting the FHT8V.

I understand the all-in-one comment, but I still beleive that the FHT8V is an important part of the mix unless you are implying it may become unsupported?

I still beleive I have been seeing this problem for a very long while but because I was using modified software I did not see the point in reporting it. However, I still suspect the problem may be a synchronisation problem because I seem to remember that every now and then I hear a single beep from the FHT8V but because I have not been looking just before (or after) the beep I can't report what the FHT8V thought was going on.

Regards Gary

----Original Message----
From: EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Date: 28/03/2015 11:36
To: "Open, non-developer list for interested parties"<EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
Subj: Re: [OpenTRV-interest] Frequent	non-communication	periods	between	hub and its valve

Hi,

OK, that’s interesting.  That seems pretty low to me, and may not be properly powering the receiver when it comes up.

NiMH (for example) probably has lower ESR and might in fact be better here for current spikes even though the low-battery indicator spends most of the time on.

Do you have fresh cells to pop in at least briefly as a test, of any chemistry to hand?

(I shall be very happy when our all-in-one solution is out the door!)