[OpenTRV-interest] Curious about wireless

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Mon Sep 14 17:18:49 BST 2015

Hey folks,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere... I promise I have searched!

How does the OpenTRV unit communicate with the 'brains' of the system? I
see mentions of 'wirelessly', but I've been unable to find any reference to
the technology involved.

I have a fairly reasonable home automation system, centered around an
RFXCom transceiver and Domoticz for the control side of things. Whilst I
can control my heating through distributed sensors and dumb toggling of the
boiler state, controlling the TRVs around the house is the next logical
step.

Any information you can send my way would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Kyle

--
Kyle Gordon - 2M1DIQ