[OpenTRV-interest] Adaptive comfort

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 16:51:40 BST 2016

Tim Small <tim at buttersideup.com> wrote:

> Difficult to get right

I suspect impossible !
There's an important factor not mentioned, the fact that some (many) people change over a matter of minutes. This is particularly the case for women "of a certain age" where their perception of comfort can swing from "it's too cold in here" to "I need to cool down" in a very short space of time.

With a previous hat on, I had some responsibility for heating and cooling in the offices. Suffice it to say, the old adage that you can only satisfy some of the people some of the time does seem very applicable.