[OpenTRV-interest] First impressions and questions

Jason Pearce jason at pearce.org.uk
Wed Jan 25 19:42:45 GMT 2017

Hi Damon,

Feel free to lurk :)

I wasn't explicit enough - remote sensor - something like a stats hub being
used wirelessly in sensor mode to send data to a (or more than one) local
trvs in a room - stats hub at a convenient height/location - the box you
sent with my stats hub is discreet enough - the trv in my bedroom was
measuring around 22 celcius - it wasn't actually that hot in the room, so
the trv sensor is being affected by the radiator.

Something else I pondered earlier - I like my bedroom to be warm when I
wake up to get dressed for work - but if the occupancy sensor thinks I'm
out cause it's dark, it won't have preheated the room to a nice cosy
temperature.

And finally - my eq3 trvs do a weekly "exercise" to ensure the pin on the
trv base doesn't stick - thats something I would consider a useful function
to have.

Regards,
Jason