[OpenTRV-interest] First impressions and questions

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Fri Jan 27 17:20:31 GMT 2017

> On 26 Jan 2017, at 18:55, Jason Pearce <jason at pearce.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Also, the bedroom was cold this morning, presumably because the trv thought the room was empty ?

The current code is very reluctant to wake people up in the morning prematurely (see other response(s) on this thread).  In any case learning your occupancy patterns is not instant.

We should continue this discussion but I’ll note that what I do is get up briefly and draw the curtains or stick a light on and my poorly-sited rad still gets the message!

> I have removed it from the bedroom radiator.
>
> Damon - the boost button works on the trv you sent me - I haven't replaced it.

Quick, send us more money!   (We may have found during QC we found it to be unreliable as opposed to totally dead.)