[OpenTRV-interest] First impressions and questions

Chris Skerry angela.skerry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:54:50 GMT 2017

Hi,

Is this just between us, or is your whole mailing list reading this?

I don’t understand your comment about colours.  You will need to explain to a dimwit like me, if you want an answer.

On your point about alerting me.  I deduce that Honeywell’s philosophy is to minimise user contact as heating systems are suppose to work and not constantly witter on about what is happening.

Once the system is properly set up, as I think mine is, these are the messages I get.
1.  If at any time Honeywell looses contact with my controller (via WiFi), it tells me by email.  When it re connects it tells me again.  This normally happens if I turn my router off and on for example to encourage it to work properly.  I can stop these emails if I wish.

2.  If I look at settings on the controller it tells me if any of the devices (normally TRVs) have lost contact, and when (if they have) restored contact.

3.  There may be others, but so far they have not happened.

4.  None of the warnings are audible.

5.  The firmware updates automatically overnight.  Unless yon take an interest you will not know about it.

6.  Do please buy some kit, you could start with the controller and say 3 TRVs.  That will not be too expensive.  This will greatly improve the design of your system.

Regards,…………..Chris.