[OpenTRV-dev] V0.2-Arduino: getting started

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Apr 1 17:47:34 BST 2013

Hi,

Firstly, I think that DECC doesn't bring any particular requirements except probably reasonable physical/operational robustness.

Secondly, I completely agree that trying to do too much will result in little being done well or at all.  Please do comment on the outline timetable.

Third, I don't see V0.2 as being consumer grade, but could be steered close enough to be interesting to manufacturers' R&D bods.

Primarily I think that we should keep this developer-friendly and testable/tunable for V0.2, but avoid doing anything that utterly rules out easy conversion to a retail design (or DECC testing).

It is because of this focus on developer-friendliness that I want to get and keep at least two stacks running (eg PICAXE and Arduino) which should also help keep us honest on practical abstractions and modularisation and not too tied into any one bit of hardware.