[OpenTRV-dev] Eurotronic products

Thomas Hood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Apr 4 11:04:44 BST 2013

Eurotronic is the manufacturer (or reseller, whatever) of the SPARmatic
Comet which has been mentioned on the list.

I was just looking at the Eurotronic site and discovered that they have
other products with some interesting features.

* They sell what they call "actuators" which also have sensor, controller
and bidirectional radio.

> The Stella F and Stella F + are available in five different designs:
> Stella proprietary, Stella enocean, Stella KNX (RF), Stella zigbee
> and Stella z-wave.

The Stella F is relatively compact: 65mm x 65mm x 48mm.

The Stella F+ variant has four AA batteries for longer battery life.

>From the fact that the Stella zigbee and the Stella z-wave are not the
"Stella proprietary" I wonder if they use open protocols. Quite possibly
they do, since they don't seem to be part of a larger system being offered
by Eurotronic.

* They sell a non-wireless TRV which they alternately call the "vanguard"
and the "avantgarde"; it has adjustable orientation.

* Eurotronic also has a wireless TRV system on offer, the Eurotronic
SPARmatic Premium. A Eurotronic SPARmatic Premium control unit can program
and control Eurotronic SPARmatic Premium TRVs wirelessly. Nothing unusual
there.
--
Thomas