[OpenTRV-dev] EnOcean

Thomas Hood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Apr 4 12:21:01 BST 2013

I have just been looking more closely at EnOcean. I hadn't realized that
there are already hundreds of EnOcean home automation products on the
market, including wireless TRVs, occupancy sensors and pretty much
everything else one would need to automate one's home heating (except an
OpenTherm boiler controller, but I have a workaround for that).

    http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/products/

http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/products/thermokon_easysens-sab02-valve/

http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/products/alphaeos_actuator_alphadrive/

http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/products/telefunken_radiator-actuator-drive/
    http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/products/telefunken_occupancy-sensor/

Has anyone already investigated the EnOcean ecosystem?

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EnOcean

The technology seems ideal. I am only a bit unclear on the licensing. There
is an "EnOcean alliance" with a .org TLD and scores of members. The
protocol seems to be an ISO standard and it's already supported by free
software (FHEM). Is there any obstacle to our adopting it for our
free/libre and open source hardware?
--
Thomas