[OpenTRV-dev] How to build the boxes

Bruno Girin EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Dec 8 14:24:15 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Sorry about the multiple emails, I thought it'd be better to keep its
subject of conversation to its own thread.

So, if you want to build any of the boxes, here's a quick guide:

1. Get a copy of the code:
git clone EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN:brunogirin/opentrv-3d.git
or
git clone https://github.com/brunogirin/opentrv-3d.git

2. Render the model you want to print, either in OpenSCAD or using make.
It's all explained in the README.md file.

Note that I have now separated the models between "main" and "playpen". The
idea is to only have in "main" the models that have been printed by several
people and that have been confirmed to be fit for purpose in terms of being
printable and being able to accommodate the electronics that they are meant
to enclose. That doesn't mean that models in "main" are perfect though, you
can still file bugs against them.

So when we want to create a new box, we should create a new model in
"playpen", refine it and once it's good enough promote it to "main".

Cheers,

Bruno