[OpenTRV-dev] Sous-vide cooking with Arduino aka very precise temperature control

Kevin Wood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Jun 11 11:52:25 BST 2013

I built a controller for my home brew setup using an AVR implementing a
simple PID controller. I'd be happy to share the code from.

I do wonder if a PID would the right for a TRV, though. PIDs are generally
very good at minimising error but expensive in terms of the number of
output adjustments the algorithm generates.

With a battery powered TRV I'd have thought we could afford quite a wide
"dead zone" around the setting point before comfort is sacrificed, and in
doing so, avoid too much motor activity, thus saving battery power.

I don't doubt that there are aspects of a PID algorithm that will help us,
though.

Kevin