[OpenTRV-dev] Sous-vide cooking with Arduino aka very precise temperature control

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Jun 11 13:28:02 BST 2013

The core of the current simple algorithm (about 10 lines of PICAXE BASIC or AVR C) minimises valve movements to minimise noise/annoyance as well as conserving battery.  It also aims to minimise overshoot and energy wastage.

The current algorithm seems to work pretty well for the rooms that I've deployed it it (~0.3C temperature band) and for Bo's DHW, and it had tweakable parameters.

Which is not to say that things couldn't be better.

I can point out the current code if anyone would like to run their beady eye over it, of course!